Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Winter is Coming."

I can't help it. Here's another promo from this good folks at HBO, this time for "Game of Thrones," which is based on George R.R. Martin's unfinished "A Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy novel series.

Yes, I said "fantasy," but please, don't run away! Instead, run out and get these books, staring with "A Game of Thrones." Martin doesn't do fantasy in the traditional elves-and-fairies sense. Expect lots of violence, sex, backroom plotting and brutal, brutal plot twists. If HBO does the novels justice, the series will be more like "Rome" meets "The Sopranos" in Middle Earth.

This preview doesn't show much, but it hints at very promising things. I think I'm more excited for this series than I am for any upcoming movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say something.